Newzik has some cloud-based features that require an internet network to function. However, this does not mean that your device must be connected to the internet in order to use the app! The great majority of Newzik's features are available offline.
Here is a list of the features that require an internet connection:
- Sharing/receiving materials and markings in real time (our collaborative "Projects" feature).
- Importing sheet music from a file-sharing service or a partner music publisher
- Sharing/receiving sheet music via email or download link
- Using "band mode" to control page turns on several devices from one "master" device (although this only requires a local WiFi connection and access to the internet is not necessary)
- Saving up edits on the Newzik server. As soon as your device retrieves an internet connection, however, all of your edits will be synced up automatically.
- Signing in to a Newzik account
If you do want to use these features in a place that does not have access to a reliable internet network, we advise using a 4G router.
To sum up, you can be reassured of one thing: the app is built to work offline for performances.