“Jumps” in Newzik are virtual buttons allowing you to jump quickly from one page to another. They were designed to handle repeat signs, da capo and coda signs, etc.
To create a Jump button:
- Open the Features menu and click on “Jump”
- Use the cursor to choose your “start” page in the thumbnail on the left side of the screen
- Tap on that page to set the “start” of the Jump
- Use the cursor to choose your “destination” page in the thumbnail on the right side of the screen
- Tap on that page to set the “destination” of the Jump
- Click on “Done”
For example, for a Dal Segno from page 3 to page 1, set page 3 on the left and click once where the D.S. sign is, and then set page 1 on the right and click once on the Segno.
Click on a Jump button in your part to use it.
If you create several different Jumps, they will be differentiated by their color. Two linked Jump buttons will always be the same color.
Please note that at the moment, Bluetooth pedals do not take the Jump feature into account.
Shortcut: Long-press any Jump button to bring up the Jump edit mode.